Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life Needs to Hit the Breaks!

The quickly approaching graduation has really got me thinking that life really needs to hit the breaks, or at least yield! I feel like I'm finally really happy where I am, but come May, that's all going to be shaken and stirred and spit into a place where I know nobody and nothing. I know May may seem like ages away, but in the scheme of things, it's really only a few months. Life is going to be pretty crazy starting really soon.



October: we find out the gender of baby T, GA/FL game, Halloween, and dad's birthday!
November: B's 1st birthday, Nate's birthday, and Thanksgiving!
December: finals, Mom's birthday, Christmas!
January: New Year, new semester (aka my LAST!), a trip to NYC, my birthday
February: Beth's birthday, and Baby T's arrival (!!!!!!!!)
then at some point in the months following will be the call to return B
then in May I graduate, and will likely stay in Athens until August (per my lease), then I step into the great unknown.

and I'm terrified. 

Ideally, I'd be working in Atlanta. That'd be awesome, right? But a looooooooong shot. Atlanta is a HUGE market, and it's hard to get in there just starting out. Knowing my luck I'll end up in Iowa or somewhere like that (but I've already decided that's one of the few places I refuse to go. No offense to any Iowans out there, but it's just not my cup of tea). I could get really lucky and end up in NY or California, but that's just as scary! Huge new town, loads of people, and me. All alone. Just me and my blankey, cause Lord knows I'm going to need it if I'm moving that far away and have no one/nothing! Unless my best friend can convince her parents to let her go to school wherever I'm moving to- ha.

I'm not scared because I'm a homebody, I just don't like to be alone. Why do you think I got a dog?! It started when I was a child; I would get homesick when staying at someone else's house and that lasted for longer than I'd like to admit.

You're probably wondering 'well how were you able to manage three weeks in London?' That was tough, but being plopped in a new country with a bunch of other people who were just plopped there, being stuck in a dorm with them, and also being 5 hours ahead of the time at home was a big part of it. My friends and I bonded over the unfamiliarity of the place and our lack to communicate home. When I move somewhere for a job, I'm not going to be placed in a dorm with all the other new kids. I'll be lucky if I have a neighbor that keeps the stereo down so I can sleep, much less one that I bond with!

But, this is all temporary and uncertain. There is only one person who knows where I'll go when I graduate, and I'm fully trusting in him. If he brings me to it, he'll bring me through it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves