Friday, June 27, 2014

Revamp




Every once in a while, you just want to keep it simple.

Throw on a white tee.
Squat and suck into a pair of jeans.
Slip on some comfy sandals.

But it's even better to take that simple look up a notch.

And that's what I did.




I'm kind of in love with this top I got from Macy*s. It's light, it's flowy, it's incredibly comfortable — it's perfect. It goes with everything.

I've worn it weekly since I purchased it.

Up to this point, I had only worn it with a nude strapless bra, but because I was in white top and jeans I wanted to add a little extra something. That extra something ended up being a coral/orangey bandeau.

Bandeaus are a wonderful creation. I know similar styles of "bras" have been seen throughout history, so it's nothing new, but it's really great in modern times. It's so hot that I hate wearing undershirts. I don't want a layer that is soaking up the sweat. I want to be in clothes that will breathe and move with the breeze, and bandeaus comfortably allow that.

There are so many styles of bandeaus available! The ones I have are plain and elastic. No frills (which is surprising if you know me! ;)). I like it like that. But now there are slightly padded bandeaus, bandeaus with rushing, in every color under the rainbow, and so much more.

I paired the top and bandeau with the same pair of jeans you've seen a number of times on this blog. Surprisingly, it was the first time I did a cuff roll. I usually roll it into a capri style or just let them bunch. Since I paired the pant with some wedges, it gives my legs an elongated look instead of making them look short and stubby like they would with this style of cuff in these pants.

I love wearing heels or wedges any chance I get (I swear I was born wearing heels) and I was feeling feisty that morning, so I dug out my leopard wedges and rocked it. The coral/orangey color of the bandeau complimented the brown/orange hues in the shoe, which I think really tied this outfit together even more.

I can easily wear this out for a nice dinner, to hang out, or the grocery store.

I love this outfit. 
(and I hate the lighting in my room)

I definitely see myself replicating this outfit well into the Fall.


What outfit have you created that you often replicate?


Top: Macy*s
Bandeau: Papaya, I think? 
Pants: Guess
Shoes: Delias or Alloy probably?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves