Friday, January 23, 2015

Lobe Love

No outfit is complete without some type of jewelry to enhance your look. My go-to is a ring and sometimes watch. I'm teaching myself to use those other pieces, too. I have so many bracelets, earrings, and necklaces sitting in my jewelry box or on my dresser waiting to be worn.

and darn it I'm going to wear them!


This Christmas I received a variety of pieces of jewelry, including these beautiful earrings from my sister! There is so much about these that I love!

One of my favorite things is the versatility. They can be worn with my hair up or down (since they're colored they'll pop under my brown hair, woo hoo!) or they can be worn horizontally, vertically, or diagonally.

The two-toned color of the earrings is very captivating. They blue-green-mint-aqua is very eye catching and the shimmery gold compliments all skin tones. If it sparkles, there's a very good chance I love it. It's an easy way to add a pop of color to any outfit!

As you can tell, I paired these earrings with a gray shirt. I look forward to also trying them with colored shirts once the warmer weather rolls around.

Another major plus is the the earrings aren't too big for my ears! Big earrings can easily dwarf my already small ears but the way these earrings cover a lot of the lobe but also slightly hang off the bottom keep the large size from overpowering my lobes.

I go through phases with earrings. I'll wear them all the time and then I'll go a couple months without wearing them. I have my cartilage pierced on both ears, so my ears are never naked, but I'm making more of a conscious effort to wear earrings at least when my hair is up.

I look forward to slowly incorporating these earrings (and others!) in to my wardrobe choices. Out of all the styles of jewelry, earrings should be the easiest, right?!

I'm taking charge of these lobes and vowing to not leave them naked for days on end!

What are your go to earrings?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves