Friday, January 16, 2015

White Out

Rules are meant to be broken, right?

Not only are rules meant to be broken, they also change over time. Iconic designer Michael Kors said this rule is null and void!

So throw caution to the wind and pull out those winter whites!



I looked for a pair of white jeans for a long time. I was very lucky to come across a pair that fit and were also suuuper discounted. I haven't really had much of a chance to wear them, seeing as one of the #1 rules on sets is "don't wear white" and on days I'm not on set I'm often chilling in yoga pants.


I'm a huge fan of the Real Housewives Franchises (don't judge me) and I have been inspired by Yolanda Hadid-Foster's all-white outfits. She always looks so good, aside from the fact she's a former model... and the outfit looks so effortless!


You can't really tell but my shirt slightly tucked in the front and I'm wearing a skinny, black, sparkly belt. I paired this outfit with my new gray heeled booties (thanks, Aunt Sheryl!) to keep it young and fresh. The purse is white with gold cutouts and a gold chain shoulder strap that I kept tucked in the bag. I wanted to keep the all white theme as much as I could. Keep an eye out for future blog posts about the boots and the purse! 

I opted out of wearing any major jewelry just because I wanted to keep the outfit simple this time around. I didn't want to cannonball in to the deep end of the monochromatic pool. I think it's partly from a fashion error that scarred me in 4th grade. I wore a white, long sleeve shirt with a tiny red heart on the chest with a pair of off-white pants. I remember getting up and getting some water and being horrified when I realized I didn't match. I didn't take my red sweatshirt off for the rest of the day.

All-white is so crisp and clean and is so easy to pair anything with. It's super chic so you can wear it to a nice restaurant or, in my case, the fabric store.

A huge benefit to white pants is they go with everything. Chambray, stripes, tanks, color blocking, etc. Dress them up or down and wear them year round. It's the ultimate piece and everyone needs a pair!

I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I ended up changing my shirt because there was a big spot on it — hence the strategically planned pose and purse! I was bummed and really hope the spot washes out but I do plan on rocking this all-white outfit out of the house in the near future.

Tip #11 on POPSUGAR's "31 Ways to Update Your Wardrobe Without Buying a Thing" article advises us to "just keep it seasonal in warmer fabrics. Try topping white jeans with a cozy sweater to ease into it, or style your LWs with tights and booties." So don't be scared, give it a try!

What fashion rules do you like to break? 




Top: J. Crew
Pants: Kate Spade
Shoes: Target

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves