Monday, May 26, 2014

Graduation Chic

 As I mentioned last week, my best friend graduated college! I donned on a nice dress and cheered her on as she walked across the stage. But, the tricky part was finding the perfect dress!
I paired the dress with nude heels
(not pictured here — they were in my car)
 Leading up to the graduation, I went to a number of stores to find the perfect graduation dress.

And each visit was a bust. All the dresses either looked the same or were too casual to wear to a graduation. After an unsuccessful trip to another mall, my sister offered to let me borrow the dress pictured. Thankfully the dress fit (though it was a little tight in the chest, but I've learned to expect that from a lot of pieces) and looked great.

The dress is Kate Spade and it's very well made.  I'm a huge fan of Kate Spade, but this dress is not a dress to wear in the summer. It's made from a very thick material so as soon as I stepped outside I was sweating like no other! Thankfully the dress had a lining, because there could have very likely been a butt sweat print on the back of that dress! 

My Bestie & Me
The dress is not very breathable and would be excellent to wear to a Christmas tree lighting, but not a summer graduation in the South. Just after this picture with my bestie was taken I changed into a much lighter dress before we went back out. 

Graduation is such an important time in someone's life I think it's important to wear something special to commemorate the day. I'm big on sentimental value, and I'll wait weeks to wear a new outfit or pair of shoes if I deem it the perfect thing to wear for a certain occasion. The day may only last 24 hours, but the memories and pictures last forever. You don't want to look back and think, 'man, I wish I had worn something else'. I'm very happy with my decision of this dress, despite the thick material. Out of the options that I was presented with at the stores I visited, this dress definitely blows them out of the water. It fit, it flattered, and might have caused me to sweat out a couple pounds. 


Dress: Kate Spade
Shoes: Probably Off Broadway Shoes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves