Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Preppy Polo


Polo shirts have been around for many, many years. They're worn worldwide, year round, and by people of all ages and genders. It's the most universal shirt ever made. So, after I had changed in to and out of a number of outfits, I decided to pull out the ole' reliable polo. 



Polo's can easily be dressed up or dressed down, worn out or worn in. It's perfect for a casual Friday when you don't want to look like you've completely given up, but don't want to put in too much effort on your appearance.

And that was what I was going for. I paired my polo with a pair of capri jeans, and some strappy with a slight heel sandal. Though, I think the click my shoes make on the floor automatically dresses any outfit up! Ha! 

I've had this polo for probably about 4 years, and haven't worn it nearly as much as I should. If I could, there are a couple things about this polo I'd change. I wish it was a little longer. I have a personal problem with shirts that awkwardly hit at about right where the button on your jeans are. It's like they're not quite a midriff baring top, but not long enough to cover your stomach if you have to reach up. But, since getting SNUG tanks, I will likely be wearing this polo (along with my others) a bit more. The other thing I would change would be the sleeves. The trim around the edge is a little awkward and slightly cuts into my armpit. Nothing serious, but it gets a little annoying towards the end of the day.

Though, I'm probably not going to break out my polos and add them in to my wardrobe rotation for a while. I think they're best worn in the fall and winter because it's not the most breathable material. The fabric feels like it would easily soak up the sweat and show the world. Then again, that's my personal preference — I prefer to be in tank tops all summer long.

But, they are perfect to wear when I'm looking for something casual, but nice, to wear to work.

What's your go-to item that makes any casual outfit pass as professional?


Polo: Lacoste
Black Undershirt: LiviRae
Jeans: Thrift Store/American Eagle
Shoes: Don't remember — Macy*s? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves