Friday, June 20, 2014

It's A Journey



If you think about it, everything in life is a journey. It's our choice which turns to make and paths to take, and if we're going to enjoy this time we have. 
You can even look at every day as a new journey. New stories to be heard, people to be met, and things to learn. 

But this isn't about that kind of journey. 
This is about Journey. 
Sorry guys...
The band.



My best friend Ansley had some extra tickets due to unforeseen circumstances so she invited myself and our friend Catherine to the show at the Lakewood Amphitheater in Atlanta.

Speaking of journeys, the 3 of us have had quite the one! I met Ansley in 7th grade and we've been best friends ever since. She would always talk about "Cat", but it wasn't until 8th grade when I met the face the name belonged to and that began that! 

Back to present day, the 3 of us were gearing up to go to the first not-The-Click-Five concert together.
Journey. 
They're an American classic. Everyone knows their songs, right? Everyone except my mom, apparently! Walk in to any karaoke bar and you're guaranteed to hear "Don't Stop Believing".


I knew the songs, but I didn't know the attire. What do you wear to an outdoor Journey concert?

A band tee? Nah, I'd look like I'm trying too hard with a brand new shirt.
A dress and heels? HA, no.

That question plagued me for the week leading up to. The only real concerts I'd gone to besides country music (that's easy: boots and plaid or a functional dress, duh) I'd made cheesy — but awesome — shirts for (oh to be 15 again).

My "seasoned" (read: liked Journey when they first came out :P ) coworkers said to go with something causal — "jeans, t-shirt and you'll be good."

So it was jeans and a t-shirt I wore. I paired my plain grey tee slightly tucked into my slightly distressed capris, with a peach belt to accent with some casual wedge sandals.

The outfit worked great for the concert! Casual dress was the theme for the evening in terms of attendee fashion. There were a couple of people wearing Journey tees, but you could tell they were straight off the rack, and a couple of females in dresses and heels... I never want to be one of those girls in a dress or heels at an outdoor concert where you're sitting on grass waiting for the main act to come on. Because really, who are you trying to impress? You just look stupid wobbling around in wedges on a sloped hill trying to walk around peoples blankets without giving them a crotch shot. Just sayin'

As for the concert, it was awesome. We were probably some of the youngest people there that weren't dragged by their parents. We rocked out, sang along, and danced like fools (well, the dancing part was mostly me!). 
Me, Ansley, & Catherine waiting to enjoy the show

Fun Fact: Did you know Journey had "new" stuff come out in like 2011? Yeah, no one else did either. Whenever they played one of those everyone just causally sat down until they played another classic, ha!

Have you ever made a concert fashion faux-pas?



Tee: J. Crew
Belt: J. Crew
Pants: Thrift Store/American Eagle
Shoes: Macy*s, I think?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves