Monday, June 23, 2014

Watch Out World



Everyone who knows me knows I want plan to travel the world. 

I came across this watch on Pinterest, and of course added it to my "Yes, Please" board, and continued on my happy little pinning way.

A couple months roll by and one day in March my boyfriend came over to hang out and handed me a box. "It was supposed to be your birthday gift, but it was backordered" he said.

Inside was this watch. 

He used my Pinterest board as my Christmas and birthday list (smart man) and deemed this a worthy gift.

And boy did he nail it.

I've gotten so many compliments on this watch. It's functional, casual, and very unique.

I love it. 

It did take a little time to learn to read it without any numbers or notches, but honestly I think the watch is a little more fashion than function. Not to say that it doesn't work, I'm just a little slow at reading analog watches.

The watch has a brown leather band which is incredibly comfortable. I can start to see where the leather is getting a little worn on the hole I hook it in but it's nothing to worry about. It's adds character. Watches are meant to be worn and I'll happily wear this one.

The metal around the face and the hands are both gold colored, and the colors used on the map inside perfectly compliment the gold.

Not only is this watch a casual alternative to my Michael Kors watch, but it's one that I can easily pack and not worry about it getting ruined or stolen when I travel. There are times and places when you don't want what you're wearing to scream, "Shiny! Rob Me!" This watch is amazing and thankfully it won't catch a pickpocket's eye from afar. That's something everyone wants to keep in mind when traveling.

Dream it, Believe it, Achieve it, right? 

It's only a matter of time until I'm exploring all the corners of the world... ;) 

If you were boarding a plane tomorrow, where would you be headed? 







Watch: American Apparel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves