Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome to Atlanta

The airport is one of my favorite places to go. It holds such wonderful memories for me (you can read about those here) and it has some of the best people watching.


As most of you know, my dad lives in North Carolina for work and he and my mom often take turns driving down/driving up for visits. But this time he didn't have to take the 6 hour trek, instead this time Atlanta wasn't the layover it was the destination, and it was my job to pick him up.


Rawr
Spending most of my time at home means I spend most of my time in clothes I'd never dare be seen in public wearing. No point in waisting a good outfit (& make up & hair products) to sit around and catch up on my recorded programs, so an outing to the airport was just the excuse I needed to look presentable.

As I've mentioned before, leopard is considered a neutral and every girl needs at least one item of leopard in their wardrobe. This top is great because it can be worn year round and with just about anything.

But one thing I'm not crazy about is how long the shirt is in the front and back. I have a personal issue with my legs shirt being longer than my shorts.
I don't want to look like I'm not wearing any pants! Especially when I'm at the airport to pick up my dad.

I can't tuck this shirt in with an undershirt so I went another route and tied it and was very pleased with how it turned out!

I paired it with a brown undershirt and some denim shorts and my brown-tan wedge booties. I love wearing my wedges booties because they give the legs a longer, more defined look without the fancy factor of heels or regular wedges.


Leopard Shirt: Cheeky Peach
Undershirt: SNUG
Shorts: Target
Wedge Booties: Target


What do you like to pair leopard with?



(PSA: The Atlanta airport is the busiest airport in the world and is also the hub for human sex trafficking. It's important to note because, yes, people pick you out based on what you're wearing and what you look like. If you're lost, ask someone who works there or put on a face that says you know where you're going — even if you're so lost you don't even know which way is right or left. Also don't take a ride with or share a cab with a stranger — they may look nice but it's not worth the risk. Traffickers don't have a big red sign painted on their forehead or around their neck, they look like an average person.)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves