Friday, March 20, 2015

Skirting into Spring

It's Friday and it's the first day of Spring!

Though depending on where you live it might say otherwise outside...

But here in Georgia we've been fortunate to have some beautiful weather here the past week or so (minus the rain we've had yesterday and today).

Skies out, thighs out, y'all!


Mixing casual pieces like plain t-shirts with dressier pieces became very popular this past year and that trend isn't going anywhere in the near future. It's a great way to get more wear out of pieces you can only get away with on weekends.

When I saw this tee I couldn't resist, for obvious reasons.

I ordered it online and it arrived in the mail the next day — talk about good service and a perk of living close(ish) to Athens!

It's incredibly comfortable and lightweight, making it perfect for the upcoming weather. I can also bet it will be a great layering piece once the colder weather reappears.

I'm about to get real here, ladies. Did you know pinks and blues can double as nudes? Don't believe me? I was wearing a bright pink bra under this white shirt, without an undershirt. We all want to wear colors in the spring and you don't just have to wear them on the outer layer!

I got the skirt in July 2013 (the day Bogart went IFT, the first time). Talk about retail therapy.. But haven't had as many opportunities to wear it as I'd like.

It's incredibly comfortable but it's not the easiest piece to wear all day or all year. Depending on your job, it's too fancy (or clubby, take your pick) to wear during the 9-5. And bright orange isn't exactly a winter tone. It's not exactly what you put on to run to the grocery store!

Actually, I totally would. 

I absolutely love this skirt. It is lined and has an elastic waist so you don't have to worry about it digging in after some food, nor will it have awkward lines from a tucked in top. Comfort is important and this skirt is definitely that.

This skirt makes a statement and paired with the statement on the shirt, it creates a nice marriage of the two pieces that can doubles the usage of the pieces (and makes the value all the more worth it!).

It was one of the March days when the sun shines hot and the wind blows cold: when it is summer in the light, and winter in the shade. —Charles Dickens, Great Expectations

I'm not completely sold on the shoes I paired with this but since there is still a slight chill in the air (and in the shade) I wanted something I could wear socks with, so I chose these booties. I think they work great for the transitioning from cooler weather to warmer, but once summer fully hits I will likely be pairing this look with strappy sandals or wedges.


What fashion trends are you looking forward to trying this Spring?



I apologize for being incredibly pale. It's my genetics.
#paleisthenewtan
Top: Red Dress Boutique
Skirt: Red Dress Boutique
Shoes: Jessica Simpson
Flower GIF: Google logo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves