Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A WEAR in Review


This time of year gets you all nostalgic and stuff, so I'm taking a walk down memory lane and revisiting some of my favorite looks from 2014!




January
This was the outfit I wore to my birthday dinner. I LOVE these pants. I first laid eyes on them at Macy's in New York City. On the mannequin I thought, 'these are so ugly... I have 
to try them on.' Once they were on I fell in love. Much, much later, I found them on eBay for way cheaper. The rest is history! You can't really tell in this picture, but the front half is bright pink, and the back is red. Since the pants are so loud, I paired it with a nice, simple, black tank and black sweater. 

Sweater: Don't remember
Tank: J. Crew
Pants: BCBGMaxAzria

P.S. Look how small my niece was! She's so big now! 



February
My family went to Columbia, South Carolina to spend a weekend with my dad. Columbia is half way from our house to his apartment in North Carolina, so my parents were actually semi-adventurous and we kinda took a weekend vacation! We ended up going to a zoo, and had a blast in the bird cage! 

Top: Piko, Cheeky Peach
Jeans: Guess
Purse: Kate Spade
Shoes: Target





March
 I love this top. 
I love Harry Potter. 
So no surprise here. 
I've wanted this shirt for what feels like forever and took the purchasing plunge one afternoon. It has the LV (Louis Vuitton) logo but underneath it says "Lord Voldemort." 

Shirt: Etsy


April
It may not have been football season yet, but that doesn't mean you can't still root for your team! 
I love this shirt and often get compliments on it. It helps that it's incredibly comfy!! 

Dawgs Y'all Shirt: Cheeky Peach
Jeans: American Eagle
Sandals: Macys 



 May
My bestie graduated! What an amazing accomplishment! 
This picture was before I put on my nude heels. 
You can read more here!

Dress: Kate Spade (borrowed from my sister) 
Sandals: Macy's
Nude Heels: Probably Off Broadway Shoes 


 June
I love love love this maxi dress. It's so comfy! The only thing I'm unsure of is the skirt underneath can be a little short, but I make sure to wear some little short spandex shorts to make myself more comfortable and to make sure there is no possible slip of the undies! 

Dress: Papaya, I think? 



July
America, America, God shed his grace on thee! 
Who doesn't need a patriotic scarf in their life? 

Scarf: Target 

August 
I went to visit my bestie in Med School and we went to her friends birthday shindig. The birthday girl's name starts with an 'R' so she had an "R-Party", meaning everyone has to dress in something that starts with an R! 
Ansley was a Rockstar.
I was Ron Weasley. 
Yes, someone told me they were impressed I had a Ron shirt at the ready for the occasion. I told her I have 2. 

Shirt: Hot Topic
Skirt: Red Dress Boutique





September 
My lovely friend Kallie got married and that's always an excuse for a cute new outfit! 

Dress: Kohl's
Earrings: Kohl's



October
My other lovely friend Beth got married in October, only this time I was a bridesmaid! We had some great dresses and paired them with nude heels. I loved the deep-v back! 
So glad she also picked a cute bridesmaid dress that can be worn again, not some tacky thing that will stay in my in closet forever. 

Dress: Bel Fiore Bridal


November
This button up was a gift from the bride in the above wedding. It was such a debacle to get them, I'm glad it all worked out in the end! It's so great to just chill in and wear when I'm trying to stay comfy and cute around the house. Besides, who doesn't love a monogram! 

Monogrammed Button-Up: Gift
Tank: SNUG
Leggings: LC Lauren Conrad at Kohls




December
I spent a couple of days babysitting my niece, which I always love. This day in particular we were heading to eat lunch with my mom, or known to Grayson as Noni. I had on a simple striped sweater (button up, but it only has 3 buttons from the bottom), a white tank underneath and some jeans. 

Sweater: J. Crew
Tank: Snug

P.S. Notice how much bigger she is than in the first picture? 






This has been quite the year!
There are still a handful of outfits and events that are yet to be blogged about (I'm getting there!!!)... Just consider this not only a look at the year back, but a peek at what's to come!

Cheers to 2015!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves