Sunday, February 8, 2015

Red Carpet Rundown — 2015 Grammy Awards

The time has come for the Grammy Awards!  


Music's biggest night and some weren't shining so bright...

Without further adieu, let's take a look!



Bonnie McKee

This dress isn't my favorite but I think she looks fabulous. The color looks amazing with her skin tone and I am obsessed with her lip color matching her dress. 

She's channeling gothic vampire and it's totally working for her. 

I rate it: 8/10










Kat Graham

wearing Yanina

This is a very interesting gown! I don't hate it but I'd never wear it. 

It reminds me of a Hawaiian shirt's version of 'he loves me, he loves me not."

Though she does look fabulous.

I rate it: 7/10







Pauley Perrette


She looks fantastic in this dress. 

I'm glad the dress is short. When a dress is long sleeved and high necked like this one, it is important to have the dress short so it doesn't look like she's swamped (in this case) by an industrial strength trash bag! 

I wish she pulled her hair back. The black hair, black dress, black nails, black shoes and fair skin all go well together with the red lip, but the side pony to the side it shortens her neck. 

I rate it: 8/10








Bill Kelliher

Did this guy go through my old linens and take my Barney sheets and repurpose them for this outfit? 

This is tacky. I expect him to pull out some balloons and start making balloon animals. 


The only thing that could redeem this mess is a water-spraying flower on his lapel. If you're gonna do tacky, do full tacky.

I rate it: 1/10









Madonna
wearing Givenchy

I know she's supposed to be an icon but this is just ridiculous. It looks like she stepped out in her bedazzled lingerie and threw on a beret and fishnets?

 I don't understand and I don't like it. 

I rate it: 2/10













Charli XCX
wearing Moschino

I kind of love this, actually. On the carpet she said she was channeling the 80's but she brought it in to this century. She feminized it and looks great. 

I do wish her pink lip popped a little more like her bowtie. 

and her hair stylist should have fixed her hair, too. Looks a little like she just rolled out of bed from this angle. 

I rate it: 8/10








Jessie J
wearing Ralph & Russo

This is an interesting look. I don't hate it but I feel like I've seen it before. 

The fit is great, but I wish there was more embellishments on the gown, instead of looking like her bra and high-waist knickers are peeping through. 

She and Bonnie McKee must have coordinated their gothic-inspired outfits!  

I rate it: 7/10










Kelly Osbourne

I am loving this dress, especially in contrast with her hair! 

It hugs her figure in all the right places.

My only qualm is the length. It's bunching way too much and makes her look very short! I'm pretty sure she's on the small side but it's shrinking her even more. 

I rate it: 8/10










Giuliana Rancic
wearing Inbal Dror

I'm bummed. 

I love Giuliana on the carpet but I do not like this.

You can't tell in this picture, but there's also a sheer panel all the way down the side of her legs. 

Don't get me wrong the fit is amazing and I love anything that sparkles but I'm not a fan of this as a whole.. 

I rate it: 5/10










Ariana Grande
wearing Versace 

I'm not a fan of this dress. It looks like it was ripped along the seam at the neckline and they didn't have to to fix it so they threw a scarf over it and went. 

I rate it: 4/10










Gwen Stefani
wearing Versace 

She is gorgeous. I want to know what she does because she looks fantastic. 

The outfit is pretty but there are things I'm not so keen on. 

I wish the pants were tailored rather than the MC Hammer style to the knee. Had the legs been tailored I'd probably be obsessed with the look. The top is so interested and I don't know if I'd ever be able to pull it off but she does. 

I rate it: 8/10









Jhene Aiko
wearing Alberta Ferretti

This dress looked much better on video camera than on still camera. I do think it's beautiful either way, but I'm not too sold on it being a Grammy's dress. 

It fits her well and the color is amazing with her skin tone! 

I rate it: 8/10











Chrissy Teigen 

She is stunning but I don't really like this dress. It looks like she has a candy land roadmap going along her dress. 

I think it would have helped if her hair was either up or pulled back because the board game trail and the wavy hair is a bit too much. 

I rate it: 6/10











Miranda Lambert

I loooove this!! 

The fit is fantastic, the dress is classic with a twist, it has a pop of color — that she coordinated with her lip — I LOVE this. 

It's feminine, it's sexy, and it's incredibly classy. 

I rate it: 10/10











Annie Lennox

She looks fabulous. 

This dress fits perfectly, it's not too long, and I love the little detailing on the neckline. 

Had she been younger, I would say she needs some jewelry to make it fun, etc, but I think the lack of is absolutely perfect. 

I rate it: 10/10










Jenny Lewis

What is up with funky suits? 

She looks like My Little Pony made a suit and boots. 

The fit doesn't even look that great. The pants are baggy on her thighs and they look a tad short at her shoe. The same goes for the sleeves of her jacket. Either make it above the wrist or below, but not right at the wrist. 

I rate it: 1/10











Zendaya
wearing Vivienne Westwood

I'm not a fan. The fabric is wrinkled, it pooches in awkward places and the colors are just, blah. 

Even her eye makeup is dull and drab. 

I rate it: 1/10












John Mayer

He looks incredibly dapper. 

I'm usually not a fan of his looks but he cleaned up really well! 

I rate it: 10/10












Katharine McPhee
wearing Pucci

I like this dress from the waist down. 

Her hair looks greasy and lifeless. The cut of the bust makes her chest look very small and un proportional. 

But from there down the dress is great! 

I rate it: 5/10









Meghan Trainor
wearing Galia Lahav

Sheer is definitely a trend this carpet season! 

I think she looks great. I like how the under looks like a mini-dress, rather than just covering her treble and bass. 

The longer I look at the dress, the more awkward the pattern down the middle becomes. Solely because of the placements of them. Just me? 

Black looks amazing with his fair skin and light blonde hair. 

I rate it: 7/10






Katy Perry
wearing Zuhair Murad

Again with the sheer! I think this looks great and I love the color of the dress with the purple hair. 

However, this dress looks very much like Julianne Moore's dress from the SAG Awards a couple weeks ago. 

I'm not crazy about the belt. The dress has so much going on, having belt is a little much for my senses.

I rate it: 7/10











Kim Kardashian
wearing Jean Paul Gaultier

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of the Kardashians. 

And the same goes for this dress.. Not to mention this is a terrible picture of her. 

But that dress though..... it looks like a bedazzled bathrobe. 

No thanks. 

I rate it: 1/10








Nicki Minaj
wearing Tom Ford

I think she looks great. The dress fits. I'm not impressed, but I'm not gagging either. 

Not a fan of the bottom.. It looks like a shredded trash bag. 

I guess I expected this look from her? 

I rate it: 7/10










Rita Ora

LOVE this! 

She looks fantastic. 

My only qualm is the length!! It's way too baggy at the bottom. 

I rate it: 9/10













Anna Kendrick

I'm surprised there wasn't more menswear inspired looks on this red carpet! It's been so prominent in past carpets. 

Either way, Anna looks amazing. It's tailored incredibly well and she looks amaze. 

I rate it: 10/10










Lady Gaga
wearing Brandon Maxwell

As soon as I saw her on the red carpet with Ryan Seacrest, I thought mermaid

Still do. 

It's not my favorite but I don't hate it. 

The dress is beautiful and I love the emeralds. I'm so glad she's not eccentric like she used to be and she has become quite fashionable. 

I rate it: 8/10 










Taylor Swift
wearing Elie Saab

While on the topic of mermaids, I thought the same with this look. 

She looks fabulous and I'm obsessed with the color and the pop of purple. Not my favorite look of hers but still gorgeous! 

I rate it: 9/10










Beyonce

This dress looks so similar to so many other dresses on the carpet and by this point in the review I'm just indifferent to it. 

It fits and she looks amazing, but there's nothing special about this.

I rate it: 8/10









Jennifer Hudson
wearing Tom Ford

She looks beautiful, but much like Beyonce it's a little bland. 

The fit is great and I'm digging the purple lip. 

But she should have added a little pop of something somewhere else. 

I rate it: 7/10 











Gina Rodriguez

Fabulous! 

She is on top of things this season and this is just another look in the 'amaze' category. 

Keep on doing, cause you're doing it right.

I rate it: 10/10










Miley Cyrus
wearing Alexandre Vauthier

I'm not a fan. I know she's all in to being naked and this was probably the most acceptable thing she could wear, but no. 

One thing that really killed me was when she got out of her vehicle the bit of dress in between where her hands are were pooching out (aka not laying flat) which could lead to some really odd and potentially awkward shots. 

I rate it: 5/10








Ciara

I'm not a fan. 

This dress is way too busy and foofy and I'm just not a fan. 

She looks stunning, though. 

I rate it: 3/10










Ashanti

Did she get this dress at Macy's? 

Don't get me wrong, I love Macy's, but this looks like a prom dress from their juniors department meets 50 Shades of Grey.

No thanks. The pony tail down the back also doesn't help. With all the neck detail, her hair should be in a bun or something that won't give a lot of movement or add weight to the neck. 

I rate it: 3/10








Mary J. Blige

YAAAS.

Love this! She looks amazing. The dress is incredible. 

She brought it. 

I rate it: 10/10









Iggy Azalea
wearing Armani Privé

Starting from the top down. 

I love a good braided crown/milkmaid braid, but this is not a good one. It looks like Will Smith's Fresh Prince 'do.

I love the top two-thirds of the dress! The color is stunning!

I don't like the crescent moon at the bottom. It throws me off and makes my eye refocus because my brain can't quite comprehend. It chops her body mid-shin and confuses me. 

I rate it: 7/10 







Rihanna
wearing Giambattista Valli

When I saw her step out of her car I immediately said, "Oh goodness.." 

It looks slightly better in pictures than in person from the side. My first thought (and second comment on the dress) was, "she looks like she's super pregnant." 

Followed by, "she looks like one of those Barbie cakes!" 

I don't think we've ever seen Rihanna in so much clothes! 

I rate it: 2/10







Wow, so this carpet was full of a lot of lace, lots of boobs, and lots of misses. Surprisingly, it's actually pretty hard to pick a best and worst dressed! But, it must be done...

Best Dressed: Mary J. Blige! She looks fabulous. I can't even figure out why but her look is the one that just makes me giddy inside! 

Worst Dressed: Now this was tough. Some were so obviously bad, but I didn't want to waste my worst dressed on them. It was too obvious. So, instead I'm presenting it to Zendaya! Dirty circus curtain is never in style. 





Who has your vote for best and worst dressed?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves