Monday, February 16, 2015

Wear My Heart on My Sleeve

Valentine's Day. 

You either love it or hate it.

And while my Valentine was Bogart and I spent the day with my parents, I didn't hate it.

Partly because I loved my outfit.


This top has been my go-to for the past 2 Valentine's Days. I wore it to the hospital the day my niece was born (yes, she's a Valentine's baby!) and it's a nice alternative to the typical red/pink top.

It wasn't easy to get, either. I first saw it as an "Buy for the Boutique" post and had forgotten about it until one day I was bored in class and checked the store's Facebook page to see if it had arrived. Lo and behold, the first post on their page was saying, "there's only 2 left! One small, one large. No phone orders, please!"

Well, I had a slight problem.

I was in my NewSource class until 6:30 (at least) and the store closed at 7. For those of you who don't know, NewSource was a consecutive class from 9AM until after our post-show critique at 6:30PM. This day, I was done with my story. It was edited, written, and dropped and ready for the show. So now I was faced with the problem of how do I get this top and no one realize I'm gone? After consulting a friend, I decided to go for it. I slipped out of the class (which is not unusual, since we were always coming and going) and high tailed it to my car in the parking deck. The store was in downtown Athens, and if you've ever been there you know campus right across from downtown, so it's not like I was driving miles and miles away. I knew I had plenty of time to make it there and back without being noticed, and it worked! I got the shirt and was back in time to help others complete their packages before anyone even noticed. If any of my professors are reading this I apologize, but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!

The shirt is totally comfortable. It's a sweater type knit, but not very thick so an undershirt is imperative. It's ¾ sleeve, as you can see, and the cuff (on both the sleeve and the bottom) is how the top is designed. It's a very unique shirt and gets compliments every time I wear it.

I also seem to always wear this top with red (or in the same color family) pants.

Now to my favorite part of this looks... the shoes! They were a birthday gift to myself (we all gotta Treat Yo Self!) and I fell in love when I saw these! This was the third time I've worn them (the first to my soon to be sister-in-law's wedding shower... more on that in an upcoming post!) and was asked many times at the shower and after where I got them! Again at Target on Valentine's Day my mom overheard a little girl point them out to her mom. I'm used to it — both good and bad stares! The looks I got when wearing chevron Palazzo Pants to Walmart once were PRICELESS.

Hey, it doesn't matter if your Valentine was your significant other, your dog, or your shoes!

Who needs love when you love your outfit?


Top: Cheeky Peach
Undershirt: SNUG
Pants: Charlotte Russe

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves