Monday, March 2, 2015

Another Page in the Blog

I apologize for my lack of blogging as of late. I've been in a frozen funk for the past week. 

What better way to get out of a funk than with something you love? 

And who doesn't love weddings! 
This past October I got the privilege of standing beside a very good friend on the biggest day of her life. I remember in high school when she started dating TJ, so to see them come full circle was pretty sweet. 

I've known Beth since elementary school and she lives literally right behind me (see picture — the highlighted route is the roads but there is a nature trail that runs rough my backyard comes out caddy-corner across the street from her. My house is the green, her {parents} the red). I was so honored when she asked me to be a part of her big day! We bonded in high school and were known for our fabulous shoes. 

Before any wedding there has to be a shower! I'm glad I didn't wear my blue dress, because the bride decided to wear blue! Talk about potentially awkward! While you don't wear white unless you're the bride, I got clearance from others that my dress was non-white enough to wear to the shower. 

Good thing, because there were not very many options at Target when I went shopping the morning of the shower. Turns out my invite had gotten stuffed in a pile of my grandpa's mail we had and my mom found it the day before the shower! 

Anywho, the dress is incredibly comfortable, even with the bit of flexible boning in the front. It's form fitting and gives great shape. I think I wore my navy MK wedges (there's a hint of blue in the dress) and it looked great! It was a hot summer day and I loved my look. I haven't had a chance to wear the dress again, but I completely plan on rocking it once temperatures warm up! 

After the showers come the Bachelorette Party, but as the saying goes, 'what happens there stays there' and that includes the pictures. 
As for the big day, it's never complete without outfit changes! The lovely bride had an adventure with these shirts but they arrived JUST in time (literally the day before the wedding) and we were able to get ready just as the bride had envisioned. 

The bride asked we all wear our white button ups complete (complete with our monograms on the front pocket) and pink shirts underneath with some kind of black bottom. The bride's button up was the inverse of ours— pink with her NEW monogram in white. 

Hair and make-up complete it was time to get in the outfit of the night. 
The big shebowski. 

The bridesmaids dress.  

I look forward to the days I get to wear this dress again! It's incredibly comfortable, it's cute (thanks for picking a good one, Beth!) and it's appropriate to wear to a number of different events. 

It's eggplant purple with a black sash around the waist. The only awkward thing about it was the built in bra cups. It must have been made by a man because the placement was all kinds of off. No biggie, but it was something maid of honor Devin and I noticed later. We got a good kick out of it. 

We all wore nude heels and I think my rather ghostly pale skin looked really good with the dark purple of the dress. 

I'd be the worst fashion blogger ever if I didn't also address THE DRESS. Which was perfect for the bride. You don't have to know a thing about the new Mrs. Page but this dress tells you everything:
She's fabulous, she's sassy (though not quite as sassy as the flower girl), she's beautiful, and she's married!

I always look forward to weddings because I love them. I love seeing the bride's dress. I love the speeches. I love love. 

What's your favorite part of a wedding? 



Bridal Shower Dress: Target
Monogrammed Button Up: Etsy
Leggings: LC Lauren Conrad
Sandals: Macys
Bridesmaid Dress: Bel Fiore Bridal
Nude heels: don't remember!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Soles and Sleeves